We are often asked about the way we run auditions here at Playhouse on the Square. The following is a general summary, but please keep in mind that:
- We post all of our open auditions in the Playbook, which can be found in Friday’s Commercial Appeal.
- At the auditions, you may be asked to read from the script. Sometimes, scripts are available for checkout prior to the auditions. Many times, you will be able to find it at the public library.
- You may be required to prepare a monologue.
- You may be asked to sing if auditioning for a musical. In this case, you should have 16 bars of a song prepared. You will also need to bring sheet music. Sheet music can be found at almost any music store or at the public library.
- There may be minor choreography involved. Please dress comfortably so that you are able to move freely.
- It is a good idea to bring a headshot and resume if you have one. If not, a recent photo will help us remember your face.
- You will fill out an audition sheet upon your arrival. We will need basic information about you such as what type of experience or training you have had, and your contact information in case you are called back or chosen for a role.
- Most of our auditions are open to everyone regardless of their experience.
For more information, contact Courtney Oliver at (901) 725-0776 or firstname.lastname@example.org
ANNOUNCING AUDITIONS for RIPCORD
WHEN: Sunday, February 26, 1pm
WHERE: The Circuit Playhouse, Memphian Room, 51 South Cooper 38104
CASTING: 3 Males (2 to play multiple roles) – Ages 25-40; 1 Female – Ages 25 – 40. All ethnicities welcome. ** PLEASE NOTE – The roles of Marilyn and Abby have been filled by Playhouse performers Karin Barile and Irene Crist, respectively.
PLEASE PREPARE: Cold readings from the script. Scripts will be available for check-out starting Monday February 20th.
Ripcord is directed by Ken Zimmerman and begins rehearsals on Tuesday, May 2, 2017. The show runs at The Circuit Playhouse June 2 – 25, 2017.
For more information please contact Courtney Oliver at email@example.com.