We are often asked about the way we run auditions here at Playhouse on the Square. The following is a general summary, but please keep in mind that:
- We post all of our open auditions in the Playbook, which can be found in Friday’s Commercial Appeal.
- At the auditions, you may be asked to read from the script. Sometimes, scripts are available for checkout prior to the auditions. Many times, you will be able to find it at the public library.
- You may be required to prepare a monologue.
- You may be asked to sing if auditioning for a musical. In this case, you should have 16 bars of a song prepared. You will also need to bring sheet music. Sheet music can be found at almost any music store or at the public library.
- There may be minor choreography involved. Please dress comfortably so that you are able to move freely.
- It is a good idea to bring a headshot and resume if you have one. If not, a recent photo will help us remember your face.
- You will fill out an audition sheet upon your arrival. We will need basic information about you such as what type of experience or training you have had, and your contact information in case you are called back or chosen for a role.
- Most of our auditions are open to everyone regardless of their experience.
For more information, contact Courtney Oliver at (901) 725-0776 or email@example.com
CASTING: Young Male and Female actor/dancer/singers to fill the roles of the Lost Boys, as well as Michael, John, and Jane Darling. Ages 8-16. All ethnicities welcomed and encouraged to attend.
**All actors cast MUST be available to perform in weekday morning matinees. We “double cast” Peter Pan so that casts alternate days. We have found that most schools are willing to work with our schedule.