We are often asked about the way we run auditions here at Playhouse on the Square. The following is a general summary, but please keep in mind that:
- At the auditions, you may be asked to read from the script. Sometimes, scripts are available for checkout prior to the auditions. Many times, you will be able to find it at the public library.
- You may be required to prepare a monologue.
- You may be asked to sing if auditioning for a musical. In this case, you should have 16 bars of a song prepared. You will also need to bring sheet music. Sheet music can be found at almost any music store or at the public library.
- There may be minor choreography involved. Please dress comfortably so that you are able to move freely.
- It is a good idea to bring a headshot and resume if you have one. If not, a recent photo will help us remember your face.
- You will fill out an audition sheet upon your arrival. We will need basic information about you such as what type of experience or training you have had, and your contact information in case you are called back or chosen for a role.
- Most of our auditions are open to everyone regardless of their experience.
For more information, contact Courtney Oliver at (901) 725-0776 or firstname.lastname@example.org
*MUSICIANS – If any musician is interested in playing in the band for one of our musical productions, please contact Music Director, Nathan McHenry at email@example.com
ANNOUNCING CAST LIST FOR KINKY BOOTS
Charlie Price – Isaiah Rosales
Lola – Justin Allen Tate
Nicola – Jillian Worthing
Lauren – Kelly McCarty
Don – Kevar Maffitt
George – Brent Davis
Pat – Hayley Wilson
Trish – Courtney Oliver
Harry/Ensemble – Donald Sutton
Mr. Price/Ensemble – Kent Fleshman
YOUNG CHARLIE : TBA
YOUNG LOLA : TBA