We are often asked about the way we run auditions here at Playhouse on the Square. The following is a general summary, but please keep in mind that:
- At the auditions, you may be asked to read from the script. Sometimes, scripts are available for checkout prior to the auditions. Many times, you will be able to find it at the public library.
- You may be required to prepare a monologue.
- You may be asked to sing if auditioning for a musical. In this case, you should have 16 bars of a song prepared. You will also need to bring sheet music. Sheet music can be found at almost any music store or at the public library.
- There may be minor choreography involved. Please dress comfortably so that you are able to move freely.
- It is a good idea to bring a headshot and resume if you have one. If not, a recent photo will help us remember your face.
- You will fill out an audition sheet upon your arrival. We will need basic information about you such as what type of experience or training you have had, and your contact information in case you are called back or chosen for a role.
- Most of our auditions are open to everyone regardless of their experience.
For more information, contact Courtney Oliver at (901) 725-0776 or email@example.com
*MUSICIANS – If any musician is interested in playing in the band for one of our musical productions, please contact Music Director, Nathan McHenry at firstname.lastname@example.org
1pm – *3 Female performers (late 30’s-70’s) to play lead/supporting roles of Mae Tuck, Betsy Foster, Nana; *2 Male performers (40’s-mid 60’s) to play lead/supporting roles of Constable Joe and Man In Yellow Suit; *2 Male performers (18-mid 20’s) to play supporting roles of Miles Tuck and Hugo; *Male and Female Ensemble singers/dancers (16 and older)
Announcing Auditions for BACK WHEN MIKE WAS KATE
WHEN: Sunday, September 30th, 6pm
WHERE: The Circuit Playhouse, 51 South Cooper Street, 38104
CASTING: 1 Transgender Male or Gender Fluid Person (must be AFAB and can present as male), late 20s-mid 30s, for the role of Mike. 1 Cisgender Male, late 20s-mid 30s, for the role of Howard. 2 Cisgendered Females, late 20s to mid-30s, for the roles of Astrid and Kate. All races are welcome and encouraged to audition.
WHAT TO PREPARE: Please prepare for cold-readings from the script. The script will be available for check out in the Playhouse on the Square Administrative offices.
Back When Mike Was Kate is directed by Playhouse’s Assistant Director of Theatre Education and Director of Playhouse’s Queer Youth Theatre (Q&A), Claire Rutkauskas. Rehearsals will begin December 4, 2018 and the shows runs January 4 – 27, 2019 at TheatreWorks.
Please email Courtney Oliver for more information at email@example.com.