Playhouse on the Square is now accepting applications for its High School Educational Apprentice Program for Fall 2015. Applicants must be in their sophomore year or above.
Students accepted into this program will receive:
– 2 complimentary tickets, to be used at any production at Playhouse on the Square/The Circuit Playhouse during the 2015-2016 season
– Community service hours equal to hours worked, signed by Carly Crawford, Assistant Director of Theatre Education
– 50% off tuition for any Theatre School classes taken during the 2015-2016 season
The responsibilities of a Playhouse on the Square High School Educational Apprentice are:
– arrive at Playhouse on the Square by 8:30 on Saturday mornings during the theatre school session
– remain in cafe or other holding space with students before class
– escort students to classroom
– if you are not attending your own class, remain inside classroom with teacher
– escort students to bathroom/water breaks when needed
– escort students back to cafe after class (and remain with them until escorting to the next class or until parents arrive)
– assist with the final Theatre School Showcase
– make copies, etc. for teachers when needed
– provide the best possible experience for students
This program is a good fit for students who are:
– good with young people
– interested in career paths that involve education and/or theatre
Seeking 3 apprentices for the Fall 2015 quarter, September 19-Noveber 21, 2015. There is no Theatre School on October 10. Apprentices are needed from 8:30-1:15 on Saturdays.
There will be one apprentice orientation meeting before the Theatre School session begins, date and time TBD.
If interested, please submit the form below, or download the linked file and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail it to Carly Crawford, c/o Playhouse on the Square, 66 S. Cooper, Memphis, TN 38104. If you have questions, feel free to contact Carly via email (email@example.com) or phone (901.937.6475).
Applications are due by August 25.