SUMMER YOUTH THEATRE CONSERVATORY
Playhouse on the Square’s Summer Youth Theatre Conservatory is open to any student interested in theatre regardless of experience. All of the courses are taught by professional artists. Self-esteem is of primary importance to our program. Theatre is the perfect environment for a child to find their voice. Session sizes are limited to allow for maximum individual attention and development.
A non-refundable deposit is required to reserve a space. Payment in full includes the amount of the deposit.
Tots@POTS (5-6 years of age)
A one week program with daily instructional core classes designed to develop children’s creativity through Acting, Music and Movement exercises in a controlled, focused setting. Students will also explore a popular piece of children’s literature through dramatization, dance, and song. Each session culminates in a short performance.
- TOTS 1 – June 15 through June 19, 2015 – Morning session (8:30 am – 12:00 pm) at The Circuit Playhouse
- TOTS 2 – June 15 through June 19 , 2015 – Afternoon session (1:00 pm – 4:30 pm) at The Circuit Playhouse
- TOTS 3 – July 6 through July 10, 2015 – Morning session (8:30 am – 12:00 pm) at The Circuit Playhouse
- TOTS 4 – July 6 through July 10, 2015 – Afternoon session (1:00 pm – 4:30 pm) at The Circuit Playhouse
Junior Conservatory (7-11 years of age)
A two week program with daily instructional core classes in Theatre Dynamics, Voice, and Stage Movement. The program focuses on creative acting skills and reinforces the discipline of body, voice and imagination. Students will engage in activities including movement, improvisation, monologue and ensemble work. An introduction on the proper way to audition is an element of the classes. Additionally, the students create pieces which are presented in a performance on the last day of the session.After Care available 3pm-5pm for an additional fee.
- JUNIOR 1 – June 1 through June 12, 2015 (9:00 am – 3:00 pm) at The Circuit Playhouse
- JUNIOR 2 – June 22 through July 3, 2015 (9:00 am – 3:00 pm) at Playhouse on the Square
- JUNIOR 3 – July 20 through July 31, 2015 (9:00 am – 3:00 pm)at The Circuit Playhouse
Senior Conservatory (12-17 years of age)
A three week program with daily instructional core classes in Acting, Music, and Dance. Acting instruction includes a focus on both monologue and ensemble work. Music will give instruction in diction, breathing, sight-reading, and solo and group singing techniques. Dance instruction will introduce students to ballet, tap, jazz, and modern styles. Classes will provide the basic tools needed to feel confident in performing in public. One or more theatre specialty classes will also be taught. The session culminates in performance on the last day.
- Senior Session – July 6 through July 24, 2015 (9:00 am – 5:00 pm) at Playhouse on the Square
For more information, please call (901) 728-5631 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
All pricing and times are on the form. All students MUST sign up for a full session, partial attendance is not allowed as each session builds up to it’s own final showcase on that final Friday of the session.
Please read the instructions carefully. You must have Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader to complete the form electronically.
You may also print the form and fax to (901) 272-2309
Or you can mail to : Attn Conservatory: Playhouse on the Square, 66 S. Cooper Memphis, TN 38104
Forms will NOT be processed without payment or deposit which must be included on registration form.
Please do not ask to be called for payment arrangement as this slows the process and will take more time to enter in the system and placement could be lost.
2015 Registration Form available here for download: